Director, WritingBrooklyn, NY
As a Writing Director at Work & Co, you will oversee writing across multiple brands and multiple products while collaborating closely with designers, developers, strategists, and product managers. You will be involved in all aspects of brand definition and product development, from initial concepting through final execution and delivery.
Your writing will shape brand strategies and user interfaces, define product value propositions, and clarify brand messaging. You should be comfortable with a variety of writing tasks, including tone of voice guidelines, onboarding flows, messaging strategy, UX writing, and content design.
What You Will Do
- Deliver clean, professional copy that is true to brand voice and communicates powerful product narratives for clients.
- Work in Figma, Sketch, and other similar tools to collaborate with the design team.
- Take complicated challenges and translate them into compelling, engaging, clear brand stories that are understandable and interesting.
- Help produce best-in-class digital brands and product user experiences.
- Collaborate with team members to develop consistent messaging.
- Champion the writing discipline internally and with clients.
- Manage other writers and improve their skills through regular mentorship.
- Help product managers properly staff and scope.
We Are Looking For
- 10+ years copywriting for websites, apps, and other digital products for premium brands.
- Proven ability to write professionally for a wide variety of audiences and industries.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating deep experience across different platforms.
- A passion for and knowledge of online technology and related technology and products, as well as business trends.
20 days paid time off
We are also closed from December 25th to January 1st.
Unlimited sick days
We want people to be healthy. Stay home when you need to.
100% health, dental, and vision coverage
We pay the monthly premiums for all employees and cover 70% for spouses, partners, and dependents.
3% non-elective 401k match
We contribute to your retirement account even if you choose not to.
Paid parental leave
Primary caregivers receive 18 weeks paid time off following a birth or adoption. Secondary caregivers receive 6 weeks. Upon returning to work, all new parents are eligible for a flexible 4-day week for up to 3 months at 80% pay. If you need to take more time, we will hold your job for 6 months.
15 days backup childcare or elder care
We work with Bright Horizons to offer extra coverage.
Pre-tax commuter benefits and FSA
We let everyone set aside a portion of each paycheck before taxes to pay for public transportation, select ridesharing apps, parking, medical expenses, childcare expenses, and elder care expenses.
Coaching for college savings and student loans
We offer 1-on-1 counseling sessions with a financial coach who can help you save for college or pay back student loans.
2pm Summer Fridays
We close early on Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
About Work & Co
Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are routinely entrusted with creating digital products for companies which rarely approach outside firms. Forrester Research calls our approach "a model to follow."
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.