Senior WriterBrooklyn, NY
Senior Writers at Work & Co give products a digital voice, collaborating closely with designers, developers, strategists, and product managers. You will be involved in all aspects of product development, from initial concepting through final execution and delivery.
Your writing will shape user interfaces, enhance UX, define product value propositions, and clarify in-app messaging. You should also be comfortable with a variety of writing, including tone of voice guidelines, short- and long-form copy, and brand manifestos.
What You Will Do
- Deliver clean, professional copy that is true to brand voice and communicates powerful product narratives for clients.
- Take complicated product challenges and translate them into compelling, clear brand stories that are understandable and interesting.
- Collaborate with team members to develop consistent messaging.
- Help produce best-in-class digital products.
We Are Looking For
- 5+ years of experience with websites, apps, and other digital products for premium brands.
- Proven ability to write professionally for a wide variety of audiences and industries.
- Interest in juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating deep experience across different platforms.
- A passion for and knowledge of online technology and related technology and products as well as business trends.
20 days paid time off
We are also closed from December 25th to January 1st.
Unlimited sick days
We want people to be healthy. Stay home when you need to.
100% health, dental, and vision coverage
We pay the monthly premiums for all employees and cover 70% for spouses, partners, and dependents.
3% non-elective 401k match
We contribute to your retirement account even if you choose not to.
Paid parental leave
Primary caregivers receive 18 weeks paid time off following a birth or adoption. Secondary caregivers receive 6 weeks. Upon returning to work, all new parents are eligible for a flexible 4-day week for up to 3 months at 80% pay. If you need to take more time, we will hold your job for 6 months.
15 days backup childcare or elder care
We work with Bright Horizons to offer extra coverage.
Pre-tax commuter benefits and FSA
We let everyone set aside a portion of each paycheck before taxes to pay for public transportation, select ridesharing apps, parking, medical expenses, childcare expenses, and elder care expenses.
Coaching for college savings and student loans
We offer 1-on-1 counseling sessions with a financial coach who can help you save for college or pay back student loans.
2pm Summer Fridays
We close early on Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
About Work & Co
Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are routinely entrusted with creating digital products for companies which rarely approach outside firms. Forrester Research calls our approach "a model to follow."
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.