Design InternPortland, OR
We look for designers who believe there are no boundaries between form and function, and who think the feel of a product should come from extensive prototyping. Work & Co designers are basically strategists with a visual output.
Creating digital products is a team game. Our methodology emphasizes intense collaboration, early prototyping and testing, and so many iterations you’ll lose count. Designers work closely with product managers, strategists, and developers to create digital products and services that reshape industries.
Our design interns work on client projects with larger cross-functional teams. You will have an opportunity to collaborate with our top talent, while producing work that will be seen by multiple stakeholders and senior company partners. Work & Co internships are typically 12 weeks long. At the conclusion of the internship, interns are evaluated for a full-time position within the company.
What You Will Do
- Paid 12 week internship working on side-by-side with Work & Co project teams.
- Stay 100% focused on making great digital products--that’s all we care about.
- Work iteratively on concepts, flows, and prototypes informed by user research, market and behavior trends, and your best ideas.
- Learn about a range of phases, from strategy, to detailed design, to optimization.
- Be paired with senior designers who will work closely with you improving and expanding your craft.
- We value in-person collaboration, and our interns can expect to be collaborating in person for part of the week.
We Are Looking For
- A PDF or link to your portfolio.
- Interest in solving complex design problems, along with the product strategy skills to deliver best-in-class solutions.
- Impeccable taste and a great eye for design.
- Ability to uncover and utilize business truths and user behaviors that help define a great product.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and present your work.
- Familiarity with Figma, Principle, and other design tools.
- Comfortable working in a highly iterative, collaborative environment where people share work daily.
- Solid written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
About Work & Co
Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are routinely entrusted with creating digital products for companies which rarely approach outside firms. Forrester Research calls our approach "a model to follow."
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.