Director, Growth - HealthcareBrooklyn, NY
Work & Co (work.co) solves complex problems and drives business forward —through end-to-end strategy, design and development of their core digital products. With a team over 500 and offices in the United States, Latin America, and Europe, we’ve become the go-to partner for IKEA, Google, Apple, Gatorade, PGA TOUR, Mercedes, MTA, Planned Parenthood, and more. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are routinely entrusted with creating digital products for companies which rarely approach outside firms. Forrester Research calls our approach “a model to follow.”
We’re seeking a Director, Growth to join our team. This new role will be based in North America and will work with our global team focusing on North American opportunities.
What You Will Do
The Director, Growth will have responsibilities that are both general and strategic, as well as specific and tangible. This is an outbound sales role with a focus on bringing in opportunities in the enterprise technology space.
- Provide recommendations on the continued build-out of operations in North America (with specific focus on a specific region), that help lead to both new business opportunities and successful project delivery
- Advise Work & Co. on effective go-to-market strategies including (but not limited to) key conferences (for attendance and participation), key target publications, and additional specific in-market methods to build overall brand awareness
- Provide actionable insight into companies identified in Work & Co’s target client/prospect list(s)
- Leverage existing contacts and connections to introduce Work & Co to senior leaders within companies identified in Work & Co’s target client/prospect list(s)
- Leverage your existing contacts and connections to introduce Work & Co to companies that are not included in Work & Co’s target client/prospect list(s) but have been identified as similar or lateral to those identified in the target list (based on current strategy, key areas of focus, and/or past experience and existing case studies)
- Share key insights into key influencers, and possible introductions
- Share key insights into high-quality product, design, and development talent that can be potentially recruited, and possible introductions
- Share key insights into additional companies and agencies whose services and capabilities complement those of Work & Co. and who may be considered as a partner or target for acquisition, and possible introductions
- Be a primary point of contact for new client opportunities, leading client communications and managing timelines across multiple potential engagements.
- Manage pitches and proposals from start-to-finish, including the development of pitch strategies together with our alongside product management, strategy, design and engineering teams.
- Collaborate across internal cross-functional teams to create business development and marketing materials including pitch documents, presentation decks, case studies and website updates. You’ll work most closely with company leadership as well as our growth and marketing team.
- Track creative and business trends to spot opportunities to smartly target potential brand partners across a variety of industries.
- Research new business prospects to qualify opportunities and uncover valuable client insights to drive our approach. You’ll need to be able to quickly and effectively create reports on client prospects.
- Manage our case studies and maintain our business development database to ensure we have an accurate picture for our CRM efforts.
We Are Looking For
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a sales or business development role. Ideally, you also have agency or consulting experience.
- Focused on outbound sales
- Must have existing trusted relationships with Global 2000
- Vertical focus is a plus, but not mandatory. Work & Co has industry leading capabilities in the following verticals: financial services, travel,,
- Must compliment our current team which is strong on selling design/UX products.
- Digital Agency experience and an MBA preferred
- Ability to interface and negotiate with senior client executives
- Self-starter: Someone who thrives in a deadline-oriented environment and is highly organized. You have the ability to manage multiple tasks with ease, strategically prioritize them, and analyze opportunities to make recommendations on approaches
- Demonstrated self-starter comfortable trying new things, quick to learn new skills and able to proactively identify new opportunities
- Proven ability to identify trends, patterns and insights from data, and then devise ways to turn insight into action
- Be able to articulate our approach, strategically define our POV, and work collaboratively with the team to bring it to life
- Well-versed in technology. Since we are a digital product company, you have to understand what we do to be successful
- A passion for digital products, design and technology. Familiarity with digital sales tools and technologies such as Keynote, G Suite and Salesforce.
- Strong communicator. Offers both strong, clear writing as well as impressive presentation skills.
The starting base pay for the Director, Growth role is between $150,000 and $175,000 plus commission. The actual annual salary is dependent upon many factors, such as: experience, knowledge, skills, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Along with competitive pay, full-time employees are eligible for full benefits.
20 days paid time off
We are also closed from December 25th to January 1st.
Unlimited sick days
We want people to be healthy. Stay home when you need to.
100% health, dental, and vision coverage
We pay the monthly premiums for all employees and cover 70% for spouses, partners, and dependents.
3% non-elective 401k match
We contribute to your retirement account even if you choose not to.
Paid parental leave
Primary caregivers receive 18 weeks paid time off following a birth or adoption. Secondary caregivers receive 6 weeks. Upon returning to work, all new parents are eligible for a flexible 4-day week for up to 3 months at 80% pay. If you need to take more time, we will hold your job for 6 months.
15 days backup childcare or elder care
We work with Bright Horizons to offer extra coverage.
Pre-tax commuter benefits and FSA
We let everyone set aside a portion of each paycheck before taxes to pay for public transportation, select ridesharing apps, parking, medical expenses, childcare expenses, and elder care expenses.
Coaching for college savings and student loans
We offer 1-on-1 counseling sessions with a financial coach who can help you save for college or pay back student loans.
2pm Summer Fridays
We close early on Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
About Work & Co
Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are routinely entrusted with creating digital products for companies which rarely approach outside firms. Forrester Research calls our approach "a model to follow."
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.