A combination of smart team members and a supportive working environment is a big part of what makes Work & Co an exciting place to build best in class products. The finance team at Work & Co enables the company to run successfully and efficiently. The Accountant will manage the accounts payable process, bank transactions and various month end reconciliations. They will be a part of our growing finance and accounting team and will report directly to the Controller.
What You Will Do
- Oversee day-to-day Accounts Payable (e.g. new vendor setup, vendor invoices, vendor payments, vendor inquiries)
- Manage daily Bank Transactions and monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Input American Express Transactions and reconciliations
- Account analysis and reconciliations of various accounts (e.g. Fixed Assets/Depreciation, Prepaid Expenses/Amortization, Petty Cash, Employee Reimbursements)
- Other AdHoc
We Are Looking For
- 3+ years of experience as a staff/financial accountant or similar role
- Ability to recommend changes to processes to make workflow more efficient
- Strong Interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and time management skills
- Previous experience with NetSuite a plus!
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to anticipate needs and prioritize tasks. You should have a predisposition to seek out answers as new challenges arise
20 days paid time off
We are also closed from December 25th to January 1st.
Unlimited sick days
We want people to be healthy. Stay home when you need to.
100% health, dental, and vision coverage
We pay the monthly premiums for all employees and cover 70% for spouses, partners, and dependents.
3% non-elective 401k match
We contribute to your retirement account even if you choose not to.
Paid parental leave
Primary caregivers receive 18 weeks paid time off following a birth or adoption. Secondary caregivers receive 6 weeks. Upon returning to work, all new parents are eligible for a flexible 4-day week for up to 3 months at 80% pay. If you need to take more time, we will hold your job for 6 months.
15 days backup childcare or elder care
We work with Bright Horizons to offer extra coverage.
Pre-tax commuter benefits and FSA
We let everyone set aside a portion of each paycheck before taxes to pay for public transportation, select ridesharing apps, parking, medical expenses, childcare expenses, and elder care expenses.
Coaching for college savings and student loans
We offer 1-on-1 counseling sessions with a financial coach who can help you save for college or pay back student loans.
2pm Summer Fridays
We close early on Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
About Work & Co
Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are routinely entrusted with creating digital products for companies which rarely approach outside firms. Forrester Research calls our approach "a model to follow."
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.