Human Resources CoordinatorBrooklyn, NY
Our people are the secret to our award-winning work. The Talent Group is responsible for ensuring that Work & Co maintains its record of attracting and retaining the top talent in the industry. As a main point of contact for employees, the HR Coordinator is responsible for supporting employees from their first day through their tenure with us, ensuring employees have what they need to focus on their craft.
Our new HR Coordinator is both professional and approachable, understanding that we’re not looking to add steps and bureaucracy to our HR function, but instead to make our employees’ lives easier. They are an effective and confident communicator as they assist with ushering employees through onboarding, benefit management, and training/development-- all while looking out for new ways we can better support our teams.
The right candidate for this role is obsessed with the employee experience. They understand that talent processes and programs should reflect the Work & Co brand. They bring to every interaction empathy and a deep understanding of our distinct values. They help us to keep the standards high and maintain an environment where all employees are extraordinary at their craft, value the power of diversity and inclusion, and above all, are good human beings.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate closely with full Talent and Operations teams to plan for and onboard cross-functional new hires into Work & Co delivering a thoughtful first-day experience
- Assist in the management of existing Work & Co benefits (including insurance, 401k, learning stipends, and parental leave)
- Help to facilitate annual open enrollment, including company communications, information sessions, and documentation
- Help to support current employees and new hires through their visa applications and renewal workflows
- Assist in the management of employment documentation and existing talent processes/policies
We Are Looking For
- 2+ years experience in a supportive HR position or in a similar role. Agency or start-up experience is a big plus!
- Demonstrated self-starter comfortable trying new things, quick to learn new skills, and able to proactively identify new opportunities
- Knowledge of HR best practices and ever-changing landscape of employment requirements
- Someone who thrives is highly organized. You have the ability to manage multiple tasks with ease, strategically prioritize them, and analyze opportunities to make recommendations on new approaches
- Familiarity with software like Greenhouse, BambooHR, and Maxwell is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - a demonstrated ability to communicate complex problems and solutions in a clear and simple manner to a variety of audiences
Diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. Work & Co is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
20 days paid time off
We are also closed from December 25th to January 1st.
Unlimited sick days
We want people to be healthy. Stay home when you need to.
100% health, dental, and vision coverage
We pay the monthly premiums for all employees and cover 70% for spouses, partners, and dependents.
3% non-elective 401k match
We contribute to your retirement account even if you choose not to.
Paid parental leave
Primary caregivers receive 18 weeks paid time off following a birth or adoption. Secondary caregivers receive 6 weeks. Upon returning to work, all new parents are eligible for a flexible 4-day week for up to 3 months at 80% pay. If you need to take more time, we will hold your job for 6 months.
15 days backup childcare or elder care
We work with Bright Horizons to offer extra coverage.
Pre-tax commuter benefits and FSA
We let everyone set aside a portion of each paycheck before taxes to pay for public transportation, select ridesharing apps, parking, medical expenses, childcare expenses, and elder care expenses.
Coaching for college savings and student loans
We offer 1-on-1 counseling sessions with a financial coach who can help you save for college or pay back student loans.
2pm Summer Fridays
We close early on Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
About Work & Co
Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are routinely entrusted with creating digital products for companies which rarely approach outside firms. Forrester Research calls our approach "a model to follow."