Office ManagerBrooklyn, NY
Work & Co (work.co) solves complex problems through design and technology — and is known for launching award-winning digital products and experiences. With a team of nearly 500 and offices in the United States, Europe and Latin America, we’ve become the go-to partner for IKEA, Google, Apple, Mercedes, Gatorade, and more. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are routinely entrusted with creating digital products for companies which rarely approach outside firms. Forrester Research calls our approach “a model to follow.”
A combination of smart team members and a collaborative working environment is a big part of what makes Work & Co an exciting place to design and build best in class products. The Operations team is responsible for building an environment that enables Work & Co employees to focus on their craft.
The Office Manager has a range of responsibilities, interfacing with all employees as they ensure the day to day of the studio runs smoothly. The ideal candidate can juggle a wide range of responsibilities including assisting with client visits, managing office procurement, supporting in studio maintenance, and providing basic IT support. This person understands how the small day to day interactions paired with larger initiatives come together to create a truly special place. This person does all this with an eye on the company brand.
What you will do
- Provide on-site employee support, covering Facilities and IT inquiries or requests
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the Brooklyn studio
- Organize the office/conference room spaces - both what is in and out of view
- Assist in coordinating daily seating plan for in office attendance
- Gather / listen to feedback from all employees regarding studio needs
- Process and store incoming purchased items and materials
- Support the setup and running of frequent studio meetings, events, and meetups
- Collaborate with the larger Operations team to analyze and enhance existing studio practices
We are looking for
- Strong interpersonal skills - the Office Manager wears many hats and will work across functional groups. They must be able to communicate effectively and serve as a face of Work & Co
- Project manager at heart - love of getting things done
- Customer-oriented approach to service - provides office support in a professional, approachable manner
- 3+ years experience in office administration or management. Experience working in a creative environment is a big plus
- Demonstrated detailed-oriented approach to all projects from event planning to employee support
- Proven ability to troubleshoot basic technology and systems issues
- Passion for working in a fast-paced, evolving work environment with a predisposition to seek out answers as new challenges arise
The base pay for the Office Manager role is between $60,000 and $75,000. The actual annual salary is dependent upon many factors, such as: experience, knowledge, skills, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Along with competitive pay, full-time employees are eligible for full benefits.
20 days paid time off
We are also closed from December 25th to January 1st.
Unlimited sick days
We want people to be healthy. Stay home when you need to.
100% health, dental, and vision coverage
We pay the monthly premiums for all employees and cover 70% for spouses, partners, and dependents.
3% non-elective 401k match
We contribute to your retirement account even if you choose not to.
Paid parental leave
Primary caregivers receive 18 weeks paid time off following a birth, adoption, or accepting a foster child into one's home. Secondary caregivers receive 6 weeks paid time off. All caregivers are eligible for up to 6 months leave. Upon returning to work, all parents are eligible for a flexible return schedule.
15 days backup childcare or elder care
We work with Bright Horizons to offer extra coverage.
Pre-tax commuter benefits and FSA
We let everyone set aside a portion of each paycheck before taxes to pay for public transportation, select ridesharing apps, parking, medical expenses, childcare expenses, and elder care expenses.
Coaching for college savings and student loans
We offer 1-on-1 counseling sessions with a financial coach who can help you save for college or pay back student loans.
2pm Summer Fridays
We close early on Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
About Work & Co
Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are routinely entrusted with creating digital products for companies which rarely approach outside firms. Forrester Research calls our approach "a model to follow."
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.