Senior RecruiterBrooklyn, NY
We’re seeking a seasoned recruiter to join the Work & Co team in our Brooklyn office.
The talent pool for top digital designers, engineers and product managers isn’t huge. Because the digital product industry is still nascent, our best candidates may come from a wide variety of companies, backgrounds and geographies. We intentionally set the bar extremely high, because quality talent is what leads to the best quality products in the world.
Our new recruiter is both professional and persistent, understanding that we’re not looking to hire a lot of people, just a few of the very, very best people. They are an effective and confident communicator. They will also be responsible for ushering active candidates through our interview process as well as identifying new potential sources for candidate outreach.
This person is obsessed with the candidate experience. They understand that the interview process should reflect the Work & Co brand. Because they have a mastery of what’s unique about Work & Co, they bring to every interview a solid understanding of our distinct processes and workflow. They are adept at pinpointing who will be a great fit for us and who’s not. They keep the standards high and maintain an environment where all employees are extraordinary at their craft, value the power of diversity and a range of perspectives, and above all, are good human beings.
What You Will Do
- At Work & Co, you’ll work with people whose work you respect and whose company you enjoy. You will collaborate on a daily basis with company leadership, including our Director of Talent and other members of the Talent team
- Oversight of applicant sourcing through active channels like job postings, special interest groups, and helping coordinate visits to schools
- As you build and maintain a talented, robust candidate pipeline, you will screen candidates as well as plan other screens and interviews
- You will recruit with brand in mind -- we aren’t plugging holes, we need someone who has the same values as we do, is excited to work the way we do, and presents our brand in a compelling way
- Keeps tabs on important recruiting events, talent fairs, university visits and enjoys attending on Work & Co’s behalf as a representative of our brand
We Are Looking For
- You don’t have to have a design background or be able to review code samples, but you need to understand what the process looks like -- and the most desirable candidates
- 5 years experience as a recruiter with a successful track record of identifying and successfully bringing on top talent in the technology, digital product and design fields
- A recruiter who is well-versed in technology. Since we are a digital product company, you have to understand what we do to be successful
- Familiarity with Greenhouse
- You always show respect for a candidate. You are sensitive to the fact that many of our candidates may not be looking for jobs. You also understand how stressful a job search often is for people
- Someone who thrives is highly organized. You have the ability to manage multiple tasks with ease, strategically prioritize them, and analyze opportunities to make recommendations on new approaches
- Demonstrated self-starter comfortable trying new things, quick to learn new skills, and able to proactively identify new opportunities
20 days paid time off
We are also closed from December 25th to January 1st.
Unlimited sick days
We want people to be healthy. Stay home when you need to.
100% health, dental, and vision coverage
We pay the monthly premiums for all employees and cover 70% for spouses, partners, and dependents.
3% non-elective 401k match
We contribute to your retirement account even if you choose not to.
Paid parental leave
Primary caregivers receive 18 weeks paid time off following a birth or adoption. Secondary caregivers receive 6 weeks. Upon returning to work, all new parents are eligible for a flexible 4-day week for up to 3 months at 80% pay. If you need to take more time, we will hold your job for 6 months.
15 days backup childcare or elder care
We work with Bright Horizons to offer extra coverage.
Pre-tax commuter benefits and FSA
We let everyone set aside a portion of each paycheck before taxes to pay for public transportation, select ridesharing apps, parking, medical expenses, childcare expenses, and elder care expenses.
Coaching for college savings and student loans
We offer 1-on-1 counseling sessions with a financial coach who can help you save for college or pay back student loans.
2pm Summer Fridays
We close early on Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
About Work & Co
Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are routinely entrusted with creating digital products for companies which rarely approach outside firms. Forrester Research calls our approach "a model to follow."
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.