QA AnalystBrooklyn, NY
QA Analysts at Work & Co are responsible for the end-to-end testing of complete, interactive web and mobile applications. The QA Analyst reviews product specifications and develops effective test strategies, plans, architectures and chooses the tools to ensure product goals are met. This person will also help product prioritize fixes and estimate bug impacts. They will help establish team best practices and methods for refining existing approaches.
Teams at Work & Co are small and highly senior. QA Analysts work alongside company partners and the top designers and technologists in the industry, as well as with category-defining clients.
What You Will Do
- Analyze business requirements, design documentation, and technical specifications
- Assist in the development of QA Briefs and other QA documentation (test sets, test cases, etc) that ensure full coverage of all requirements
- Perform functional, visual, smoke, regression, accessibility, and exploratory testing
- Track and report defects and change requests through to a successful conclusion
- Help facilitate the release management process for project deliveries
- Help communicate priorities and detailed reproduction steps to stakeholders
- Assist in the User Acceptance Testing process for clients
We Are Looking For
- Experience testing highly interactive web and mobile applications in an agency/start up environment
- Experience contributing to the evaluation of websites and mobile apps against accessibility standards (i.e. Section 508/WCAG)
- Experience with work tracking tools ( i.e. JIRA)
- Demonstrated understanding of quality assurance principles, inspection techniques, and testing procedures (such as test case generation, bug triage)
- Technical experience screening, triaging and categorizing defects
- Knowledge of cross platform/browser compatibility testing methodologies
- Knowledge of mobile operating systems and applications
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
20 days paid time off
We are also closed from December 25th to January 1st.
Unlimited sick days
We want people to be healthy. Stay home when you need to.
100% health, dental, and vision coverage
We pay the monthly premiums for all employees and cover 70% for spouses, partners, and dependents.
3% non-elective 401k match
We contribute to your retirement account even if you choose not to.
Paid parental leave
Primary caregivers receive 18 weeks paid time off following a birth or adoption. Secondary caregivers receive 6 weeks. Upon returning to work, all new parents are eligible for a flexible 4-day week for up to 3 months at 80% pay. If you need to take more time, we will hold your job for 6 months.
15 days backup childcare or elder care
We work with Bright Horizons to offer extra coverage.
Pre-tax commuter benefits and FSA
We let everyone set aside a portion of each paycheck before taxes to pay for public transportation, select ridesharing apps, parking, medical expenses, childcare expenses, and elder care expenses.
Coaching for college savings and student loans
We offer 1-on-1 counseling sessions with a financial coach who can help you save for college or pay back student loans.
2pm Summer Fridays
We close early on Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
About Work & Co
Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are routinely entrusted with creating digital products for companies which rarely approach outside firms. Forrester Research calls our approach "a model to follow."
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.