Technology DirectorSão Paulo, BR
Technology Directors at Work & Co lead small, highly collaborative teams to create world-class digital products and experiences that people use everyday. They work closely with designers, product managers, strategists, and QA engineers to concept, prototype, and execute on a range of products. Join us as we help our clients redefine entire industries.
Work & Co’s methodology emphasizes hands-on skills across all departments and levels. Technology Directors are keen problem-solvers with the ability to interpret client business requirements to make architectural plans and decisions.
Technology Directors provide senior leadership as they structure technology solutions for clients and deliver clean, well-documented code. They bring valuable knowledge about and a passion for established best practices as well as emerging technologies. Technology Directors play an active role in developing more junior engineering talent to ensure team members continue to grow and see new challenges.
What You Can Expect to Do
- Provide hands-on senior-level leadership on product development work
- Propose and advocate for clean, functional design systems
- Develop robust, testable scalable technical solutions, following industry-standard best practices
- Write, debug, troubleshoot and optimize code with a view to delivering the best user experience
- Guide and mentor other developers within the team
What We’re After
- 8+ years of web development experience that includes experience with agile methodologies
- Familiarity with one or more MV* frameworks (React, Angular, Vue etc.)
- Solid grasp of HTML and CSS, and principles of Responsive Web Design
- Experiencing implementing pre/post CSS processors and/or CSS modules
- Demonstrated understanding of task runners such as Gulp / Webpack / rollup
- Experience using GIT as part of a development team
- Experience/interest in native / React Native app development
- Strong organizational skills and eye for detail
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Bonus—Personal projects that show a passion for engineering and products
30 days paid time off
We are also closed from December 25th to January 1st.
100% health and dental coverage
We pay the monthly premiums for all employees, including spouses, partners, and dependents.
Paid parental leave
Primary caregivers receive 180 days paid time off following a birth or adoption. Secondary caregivers receive 30 days.
We let everyone set aside a pre-tax portion of each paycheck to pay for public transportation.
Each month, we add value to a meal card that can be used at local restaurants.
100% life insurance coverage
We pay the entire premium for your policy from Tokyo Marine.
We host lessons during working hours to help improve communication skills.
Bank fee exemption
Work & Co employees are exempt from paying fees at Itaú Bank.
Professional development stipend
We provide $250 a year for classes and conferences.
About Work & Co
Work & Co defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Lyft, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy, ALDO and many other globally respected companies. We've been named one of Fast Company's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Design, and been an Ad Age A-List honoree for three straight years. Our focus is hiring the best talent -- developers, designers, strategists, product managers and operations specialists. Even if you don't see a job that looks like a perfect fit, send your information our way.
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.