Work & Co Earns 2021 Fast Company Awards
September 21, 2021
Work & Co is the recipient of multiple honors as part of Fast Company’s 2021 Innovation by Design Awards. Now in its tenth year, the awards are dedicated to spotlighting teams and companies around the globe who are responsible for transforming businesses and society through design.
Entries are judged by Fast Company editors and external jurors on the key ingredients of innovation: functionality, originality, beauty, sustainability, user insight, cultural impact, and business impact.
Work & Co earned honors across many categories:
- The MTA Live Subway Map is a winner in the Cities category (read more here) and is on the User Experience, General Excellence, Mobility, and Best Design in North America finalist lists.
- Ikea’s New Design System, Skapa, is on the Retail Innovation and General Excellence finalist lists.
- Gatorade Gx is on the General Excellence and Best Design in North America finalist lists, and is an honorable mention for Best Product Design of the Year.
- Work & Co’s new Copenhagen office —created in conjunction with Aspekt Office— was honored as an example of the Best Workplace Design of 2021.
- Additionally, Work & Co is on the Design Company of the Year finalists list.
This marks a second consecutive year for Work & Co on the Design Company of the Year list. Additionally, in 2020, Claro’s app was named Best Design in Latin America, along with several other Work & Co projects for Gatorade, IKEA, and Daily Harvest.
The full 2021 list is available here. This year’s Innovation by Design winners and finalists will be included in the October print issue, on newsstands September 28.
Additionally, Fast Company is releasing “Innovation by Design: Creative Ideas That Transform The Way We Live and Work,” an anthology of Fast Company’s design coverage over the past 25 years. Published by Abrams, the coffee table book includes the MTA Live Subway Map that Work & Co created.