Legal Education Leader PLI Launches New Apps
April 26, 2023
Practising Law Institute (PLI) is the leading provider of continuing legal education and training resources for lawyers and other professionals.
The organization’s mission —to keep attorneys and other professionals at the forefront of knowledge— has never been more relevant. To build on its 90-year history of innovative training programs, Work & Co partnered with PLI to introduce a modern and flexible approach to legal education with all new iOS and Android apps.
Work & Co led the next iteration app experience end-to-end, including strategy, design, and development. The work introduces a new look and feel, updated content strategy, personalization, a streamlined media player, and the ability to access both live and on-demand content.
- Content Library: Users can easily search PLI’s catalog of live and on-demand programs featuring a range of industry leaders. They can add them to their library, then watch them later – even offline.
- Save progress and track credits: It’s seamless for users to pick up where they left off —even on a different device— then receive CLE or other credits earned all within the app.
- Get steeped in the latest case law and legal trends: Customize personal feeds and access the latest training and program materials.
- Built to flex for a range of learning styles: The app supports both video and transcript mode, making it easy for users to learn how they want.
- Pro Bono topics: Attorneys can get up to speed quickly on pro bono matters. Examples: Access to justice, immigration, racial inequity, diversity & inclusion.
Said David Smith, PLI's Chief Marketing Officer: "This new app was designed and built with critical input and feedback along the way from our Members. We’re proud to introduce this new training tool for our community and are committed to continuing to enhance the app so that it meets the evolving training needs and preferences of the busy professionals we serve.”
“This launch also pushes forward the entire hybrid ed tech space, focusing on making content more approachable, accessible, and personalized,” said Lauren Shapiro, Design Partner at Work & Co. “We’re proud to partner on PLI’s new digital transformation and deliver the latest legal training at such a pivotal time.”